9. Consider convenience and safety risks
Aside from style and practicality, it also helps to consider the following:
- Privacy: If your windows are visible from the street or neighbors’ windows, consider dressing them with a solid color curtain that blocks any view into your home. You can also use blinds or shades that reflect light away from the window.
- Safety: If you have young children or pets at home, you should choose your window treatment wisely. For example, horizontal blinds with cords pose a safety risk to animals and children. Likewise, the window treatment with pull cords, chains, lifting loops, inner cords, and looped cords poses safety risks.
- Convenience: If you like to open and close your curtains quickly but don’t want people outside noticing what’s happening inside your house, vertical blinds can be a good option. They don’t have cords and typically have slats that don’t stick out as far as horizontal ones.
10. Keep curb appeal in mind
Keep curb appeal in mind when choosing window treatments. You want to ensure that what you choose from the inside looks good from the outside and vice versa. For example, if your exterior is painted red and white, don’t go for an orange curtain that will clash. Instead, think about staying within the same color family (like reds and pinks).
The same rule applies if you have an earthy exterior; don’t choose blue curtains unless they’re dark and almost blackened out.
11. Choose high-quality window treatments over “okay” and outdated ones
To give your windows the makeover they deserve, you must avoid the urge to settle for “okay” and outdated window treatments. Blinds that are difficult to use or don’t fit well into your home or apartment style will only end up detracting from the rest of your decor. Plus, by investing in well-made blinds or curtains that complement your existing design choices, you’ll create an attractive space that looks great and functions smoothly.
Why Hire A Professional Window Treatment Installer
1. Overall convenience
DIY window treatments can be a drag. You’ll have to purchase drapery hardware, clean up the mess, and spend too much time figuring out how things work. On the other hand, professionals can finish in half the time. They’re experts at this type of project, so you’ll be able to install your new windows faster without you having to lift a finger.
2. High-quality results
Professional window treatment installers have years of experience knowing which methods work best for different styles and fabrics. And not only will they provide advice on what works best, but they will also share information on how long each type lasts and how easy they are to maintain. Plus, they have a full-service custom drapery workroom where they can cut treatments for any size window, ensuring perfect results.
3. General safety and reliability
Since professional installers are board-certified, you can be sure they’re reliable enough to keep their work well within the safety standards. This way, you don’t have to worry about anything falling out of your windows or breaking during installation. It also means that you can install your windows in the safest way possible, which everyone wants for their homes.
4. General awareness of current industry trends and standards
Professional window installers always continue learning about different window types. They update their knowledge and skills so their work is always on par with the latest standard and trends. So, if you need a professional window treatment installer, look for someone who knows the latest colors, materials, designs, and finishes. This way, you’ll be able to get the right look for your home.
Need to Refresh Your Home’s Look? Let a Window Treatment Design Expert Help You Out!
If you’re looking for the most reputable window treatment interior design company in the DMV area, Couvrant Interior Window Fashion is your best choice. We can install custom drapes and window treatments and ensure they fit perfectly in your home. And our Window Fashion Consultants are always available to help you dress your windows in a way that suits your style and needs. Call Couvrant Interior Window Fashions today at (202) 952-2204 to schedule your free consultation.