Those looking to increase their home’s style should consider plantation shutters. These window solutions come in many types, styles, and materials. If you want a durable yet cost-effective solution, consider plantation shutters for their excellent variety.
Keep reading to learn why plantation shutters offer such great styles.
What Exactly Are Plantation Shutters?
Depending on individual needs, there is a plantation-style shutter for everyone. With composite and authentic wood materials, louvered shutters, arched shutters, and more, it’s easy to find a style that fits your existing interior.
These window coverings are highly customizable. You’ll find they fit easily in the bedroom, the living room, or elsewhere. Choose everything, even the hinge color, and use them throughout the home.
Different Types of Plantation Shutters
Plantation shutters come in a few different types. Each type features a slightly different design. You’ll notice different levels of light and privacy with each.
Overall, the type of plantation shutters you may choose depends on your window’s style and how much privacy you want. You’ll also need to consider whether you want significant airflow or more insulation. The following types of plantation shutters are available:
- Plantation shutters: Standard shutters can give your interior a varied look depending on your requirements. Whether you want a classy look or something modern, plantation shutters can provide them. You’ll stay cool and have plenty of light.
- Louvered shutters: Louvered shutters have different size options for louvers, while the shutters may be single or double in height. No matter the louver type, they’ll provide protection against the cold and let out ample heat.
- Café shutters: These types of shutters only cover part of a window. Homeowners get ample sunlight at the top of the window while the bottom half features the shutters, providing necessary privacy. Those desiring light and airflow control while maintaining the seclusion they need will find these window treatments suitable.
- Arched shutters: For homes with windows in unique shapes, like arches, you can still get the privacy and comfort you need. Arched shutters fit your window’s unique style, and louvers allow light and air to flow without disrupting the aesthetic.
Choosing Plantation Shutters Materials
Plantation shutters also come in different materials depending on the style and longevity you desire in a window treatment. Choose from a variety of materials, including the following:
- Hardwood: Hardwood shutters are a high-quality option for those wanting a long-lasting solution. You’ll get durable plantation shutters that maintain their color whether you opt for a painted or stained look. Unfortunately, because wood is prone to warping, these shutters won’t last as long in high humidity areas.
- Faux Wood: If you’re looking for an even more durable plantation shutter option for your rooms, consider faux wood for its affordability and insulating power. Because they are a composite material, they withstand moisture easily and won’t fade or warp like natural wood. These shutters could last over twice as long as hardwood shutters while looking just as good.
- Vinyl: Another highly affordable option, vinyl shutters are ideal for areas with high humidity. Some vinyl shutters are hollow, while others are completely solid. However, they’re fragile and can warp or break easily. Depending on the specific kind you get, your shutters may last only a few months, or you could have ones that last several years.
Speaking with a window treatment expert can help you find the best plantation shutter material for each room in your home.
Design the Style of Your Plantation Shutters With Couvrant Interior Window Fashion
If you’re considering plantation shutters for your home, design them with Couvrant Interior Window Fashion. As the top company offering window treatments in Washington, D.C., and beyond, we have the skills to help you design the best plantation shutters Washington, D.C. has to offer.
At Couvrant Interior Window Fashion, our quality is unmatched. We use top-notch materials, including hardwood and vinyl, to ensure you get a long-lasting window treatment that remains affordable and looks great. We offer the largest selection of durable plantation shutters of any kind.
Let us help you design the shutters of your dreams. Our design experts understand your concerns regarding privacy, lighting, and temperature control and help you find the best plantation shutter option that produces the desired results.
Whether you’re on a budget or have a large amount to spend, we’ll help you find a solution. Our team makes tasteful recommendations and can even help determine what would look good with your home’s current aesthetics.
Don’t wait for the privacy and interior design of your dreams. Get it now with Couvrant Interior Window Fashion in Washington, D.C , by calling 202-350-0047.